- Keep cravings and unhealthy foods out of your house- out of sight, out of mind.
- Avoid grazing or “hanging out” in the kitchen.
- Do not buy in bulk or bring home leftovers from a restaurant. Chances are you will binge on them all once you are home.
- Make pre-packed healthy snacks so you can grab one on the go to satisfy your hunger and reduce cravings.
- Do not diet or deprive yourself of foods you love. MODERATION is key!
- Do not bring money with you to school, work, etc. so you won’t be tempted to buy snacks from the vending machine. Instead pack your own healthy ones!
- Find ways to better cope with your stress and emotions -> Do NOT turn to food for the answer! It only makes things worse!
- Eat when hungry and eat slower.
- Drink lots of water before eating.
- Use smaller plates.
- Focus while eating: Do not mindlessly eat while watching tv or while distracted by any other activity.
- Keep a food diary!
There are two rules on the spiritual path:
Just about to make my awesome chia, almond milk, maple smoothie! Getting healthy one delicious smoothie at a time. :)
Also, my Momma gave me ‘The Beauty Detox Solution” to read… I actually haven’t picked it up yet, but am pretty excited to start cleansing my body and start eating healthy again. (Common Will Power!)
First night of my 6 months of yoga tonight! I’ll be attending Hatha Flow. According to the description on the website I will be enjoying a “dynamic, rhythmic and flowing practise to stimulate and invigorate”.
Oh! I’m doing 6 months of yoga because I found a coupon on Groupon and got 6 months of unlimited yoga for 140$!! Whaaaaaat?! I know right?!!?